Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Fun Activity -- Fail

Today I was going to be that nifty super mom that did all sorts of fun activities w/ her kids. Ok, so I do make sure that we color and play games together every day, but I am always hesitant to do something that requires intensive clean up. For example, painting, play dough, anything that includes glue. I'm just not that great w/ cleaning up after doing something fun.

Anyway, last night as I was going through the art box (in other words, putting it back together since Princess had destroyed it again), I found our sidewalk chalk. It's a giant case. Opened once, never been used. So I got it out, thinking "This will be an easy thing to do tomorrow, and the only cleanup will be bath time for the kids before church!"

This morning, I don't think it's happening. It's been raining off and on all morning. And the wind has been recorded up to 23mph. Yeah, we're not going outside at all. No thank you.

The kids can wait until inspiration strikes next time. Maye if I get the house clean today, MAYBE, we'll paint. I know it's not a fun clean up thing, but then I wouldn't feel so guilty about not doing those messy things more often.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I can understand that... Kalila's still kinda young for most of the messy things (or if not we don't have them) so we haven't had to deal with it yet... but I dread anything that requires extra cleanup too. I love doing craftsy things though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not great at craftsy things, but I know that Kairi would love it.

    But yeah, the mess gets to me. I spend so much time cleaning as it is, that to add more to it makes me wanna shudder. lol

    It didn't happen today. But there's always hope for tomorrow. Or maybe Saturday at Kate's house -- then it's HER house that's messy. Bwaahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny, I guess since I work in childcare and in a public school I am just use to doing fun things like this. Of course I don't have kids of my own.... but I cant wait to have kids that love this type of stuff. Although it would just be my luck they would be more like Kevin and HATE it :-P anyway, I am sure that when it actually happens and I have to pickup after them I will probably feel a lot different... but for now its fun to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling, me and Gem don't like to do the messy things as they take so long to sort out after.

    I have though started (well last weekend was the first) a crafty Sunday Afternoon. As Millie is 6 and Ollie 5 now it is too bad. We get out their two boxes of craft stuff (glue, papers, beads, cards, knitting, etc.) and they work away. I sit with them helping at times or leaving them to it while I do my hobbies. I plan to have them help me do my hobbies occasionally and sometimes I will do what they want, other times we will do our our craft/hobbies. It also hopefully should let me spend real time with the kids as well to chat and have a laugh. They are already looking forward to the Sunday, so they must have enjoyed it.

    We'll see what happens then.

    Also nice to catch up with you again. Hopefully we will be able to keep in touch her and occasionally on the old Blurty.

    Take care and talk again soon, 'R' (Richard) from Blurty

    ReplyDelete