Monday, January 12, 2009

I've become my ...

DAD. That's right. I've always acknowledged how much I'm like my mom, but I've never felt that my personality was that much like my dad's until just recently. I won't complain about that too much. He's a good man and father. He is loyal, passionate, and caring.

But he's also a bit of a hothead and complains about everything that bothers him. He will not allow anyone to step on his toes, and when he feels that he's being treated unjustly he WILL complain. If he simply doesn't like the service, he WILL complain. If he doesn't agree with business practices, he WILL complain. I remember doing whatever I could to keep my dad from learning about things I knew he wouldn't like at school, just so that I didnt' have to hear him yell at my teacher/principal/friend's parent.

I swore that that would never be me, but when last week I was so very angry at DirectTV (who is straight from hell, I swear it), I remember wondering why it is that my dad can command so much respect over the phone but I can't. I think that it's because I'm a girl with a soft voice whereas his voice is loud and usually angry sounding even when he's not angry. Either way, I'm upset that I don't command that type of respect over the phone. Maybe I should practice.

But if I needed any proof that I am becoming like my father, here's the list of people I have complained to/about in the last 2 weeks.

~DirectTV
~Nuvell (car finance company) (won't stop freaking calling me even though it was taken care of before they called the first time)
~Gillette
~PapaJohns (got me 2 free pizzas out of that one!)
~my landlord
~Operation Rescue about the "Truth Truck"

Chris would never do more than laugh when I say that I'm probably just being really bitchy, but I know he thinks that this is the case. I think that I'm just getting tired of bending over backwards and then getting run over in the process.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I hate calling companies to complain because it seems like it goes no where!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-P Its not always a bad thing to not be able to strike fear in the hearts of those around us.... then again... I would like to strike fear in the hearts of my internet provider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce ~ Exactly! I guess I got used to being a teacher where when I called my name alone caused people to pay attention. Not so much anymore....

    Abby ~ LOL ... I hope you get straightened out whatever's going wrong!

    ReplyDelete