Friday, January 23, 2009

Lack of Motivation

It's been a long week, and it's no where close to being over in this house. That makes for me to have little motivation to blog. There's also not been a lot to blog about.




Chris got home early last night -- 6pm. The rest of this week it's been 7 or later. He is working tomorrow. He has duty Sunday. Wednesday they leave. They'll be home either Friday night or Saturday morning. Not that it matters because he has duty Saturday, so I won't see him again till Monday. Again, and they wanted him to reenlist? He'll have one day off in middle of 3 weeks of work -- 3 weeks of 12 hr days. And they think that he's going to volunteer to do this again? Probably not. Just sayin'.


Chris's grandmother isn't doing very well. There will probably be a funeral in the next couple of months -- possibly in the next 2 weeks. And that scares me because we HAVE to go, and I have no earthly idea how we'll be able to afford it. We're just now getting to the point where we're feeling stable budget wise. I don't need to throw another expense into the mess.


My paternal grandfather was admitted to the hospital in Dallas last night. His feeding tube keeps coming out and when it doesn't come out it's leaking stomach acid all over him. He has spent nearly every day for the last week in the er in Midland. And he's not had food in days. His doctor in Dallas insisted that he be taken out there so that he could assess him himself. I have so much more faith in that doctor than any of them in Midland. I half-joked that he needs to move to Dallas permanently -- better doctors, better care. Or you know, he could move out here. Beaches Baptist is just right around the corner, and Mayo is less than 30 minutes from my house. That'd be better care and he'd be warmer. It'd be the first step in my plan to get all my Texas-folk to Florida so that I don't have to move but can still have family around.


My maternal grandfather was recently diagnosed with hemochromatosis, a genetic disorder that affects your bloods ability to use iron. He's going through genetic testing to determine exactly where the genetic mutation took place, and those type details, as well as how they can make him less anemic so that they can drain some blood from him because treatments is simply draining blood every few days/weeks. Stay tuned because this may offer us more information on some of my problems, seeing as how if he has it, chances are so does my mother and therefore so do I. I need to schedule a blood test to get this figured out I suppose.



Ok, so other than lots of work for Chris (meaning little family time for us) and lots of sick grandparents, there's not much going on here. Kairi is still mischievous. Alex is as well, but he's a charmer and makes you think he's not. And I'm tired. See? No changes here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're dealing with that... It may not seem like it, but that's a lot going on really.

    ReplyDelete