Monday, January 26, 2009

How I Know It's Monday

Ever had one of those mornings where you have no idea what day it is? When I woke up this morning I was in one of those dazes. No one was in my bed with me, and that confused me. (Chris had duty yesterday; I just couldn't seem remember that at the time.) Alex was crying, but it was so dark outside -- it couldn't be time to get up yet. I couldn't remember what was so important about today, but I had a vague feeling that something was important enough that I should be up. Dreams segments flashed through my mind and I struggled to separate them from reality. I shook my head, told myself that it had to be Sunday, Chris was already up with the kids, and that if I didn't hurry I'd be late for church (although, why Chris would be awake before me on a weekend I'll never know as that has only happened once in the last 5 1/2 years we've been together).

I pulled myself out of bed, turned the baby monitor off, and stumbled through the house into Alex's bedroom. I got him up just in time to hear Kairi start to whine about wanting out of bed. I opened her door, turned on her light and told her to come on.

And then I walked into the living room. At that moment I knew it was Monday.

~The living room floor is covered in toys and clothes from changing out of morning wear to play clothes for Sunday night's services. (When we finally get home from church Sunday night I just go to bed and leave the mess for the next morning -- I hate that I do that too.)

~There are 2 loads of laundry to be folded waiting for me on the couch.

~Movie cases are spread out in front of the tv from where Kairi couldn't decide which movie she wanted us to watch together for our Sunday afternoon movie.


My journey continued into the kitchen.
~Lunch dishes are still piled in the sink.

~More toys on that floor.

~Nothing pre-prepped for breakfast.


Yup, it's definitely a Monday. Back to the madness, while recouping from my Sunday slacking. (Hehehe ... there's a tiny bit of alliteration there. ;) ) Ok, I'm off to strip all reminders that it's Monday from my house.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds an awful lot like my house! Hope today goes well for you and that you get rid of all the reminders. :)

    Have a Wonderful Day!

    Happy SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that I'm not the only one!

    Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup... it's Monday... Here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh mondays. i don't like them. there is always waaaaay too much to do that i didn't get to over the weekend.
    good luck with my giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Melissa -- I'm really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete