Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How things have changed...

Before I had kids, I slept late every day that I got the chance. Sleeping late meant past 10am.

Before I had kids, cleaning my house/apartment took 2 hours even if I hadn't cleaned in over a week.

Before I had kids, if I had to get up early I didn't feel like I was going to die. Probably because I knew that I could sneak a nap in either that day or the next.


Since kids, I never get a day to truly sleep late. If the kids don't wake up with morning light, then I consider myself sleeping late. This never is later than 8am. It's usually 7:30.

Since kids, I could spend 2 hours in one room, go into another room for 15 minutes, and come back to the first room to discover that I have another 2 hours worth of cleaning to do before it's as clean as it was 15 minutes ago.

Since kids, days that I have to haul my butt out of bed at 5:15am make me feel like I'm not going to survive the day. I know that there is no nap in the near future. I know that there is too much to do to go back to bed. And my whole body aches because of it.




Today is one of those 5:15am days. Blech. Chris had duty which meant that we had to take him to work because I need the car today/tonight. I'll pick him up sometime tomorrow morning. Or maybe he'll get a ride home. That'd be phenomenal.

I still have a million things on my to do list. I'm tired. I'm grumpy. Maybe I can time the kids' naps to coincide just right so that I can sneak a nap in there as well.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry... I'm almost the same way. Have always hated mornings... Thankfully since I only have one baby so far (and she normally waits until 8:30 to wake me) I'm still easing into the whole having to get up earlier thing. This week I'm pushing myself because I need to... but I'm not happy about it either lol.

    I hope you get your nap and your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete