Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's None of Your Business........

Chris and I decided that when he deploys I'm not moving back to Midland. Kairi doesn't need the extra stress -- we're already dealing with anxiety issues thankyouverymuch. I don't want Alex to feel the constant change that Kairi had to endure. AND THIS IS MY DECISION.



Jacksonville is home now. Stop telling me that I need to come home, because I am already there.


It is not my fault there is constant fighting in your house. The person you are fighting with does not want to spend time w/ me because I'm "uncool and too responsible". If I moved back "home", it would not help your situation. You caused that, not my absence.


I'm sorry that I'm so far away that you don't get to watch the kids grow up. If you checked the family blog every once in a while, you wouldn't be so out of the loop. Besides, while I was there, you only came to see them ONCE and that time I basically had to bribe you to come see us. Stop sobbing about how mistreated you are... you push people away by being mean, manipulative and controlling, and then get mad when they're not by your side to help you out of the hole you keep digging for yourself.


I know that it'd be great if my kids grew up with their cousin like my brother and I grew up with ours, but it's not going to happen. Sorry. Besides, I don't want to expose them to constant negativity.


And I get it. You miss me. Actually, you probably just miss having one more person to call and try to manipulate into doing your errands and paying your bills.


One final comment. Don't try to lay on guilt trips, manipulate me, or talk badly about other family to me. 1) I don't feel guilty for not living near you. Actually, I feel better about it. 2) I am wise to your ways. I will not be taken in that easily. 3) They are as much family as you are, and I like them more. I will NOT take your side. Especially since it's your fault to begin with.



When it comes down to it, Jacksonville is home. We love our church. We love our friends. We love the area. We love the weather (except for tropical storms and hurricanes). We love the convenience of everything. We're not moving back to Texas for a while, not if we can help it.

We DO miss our families, especially during the holidays. But as we continue to get on our feet financially, we'll get to the point where we can fly out there more regularly. In the meantime, we're happy where we're at.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I would not move back either...

    ReplyDelete