Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Flying piss

Now that I'm calm enough to talk about it, let me share with you why my daughter is lucky to be alive. Or at least lucky that she can still sit down.


To begin with, Kairi had not had an accident all day long. So proud! Even poop went in the potty yesterday. But she developed this terrible habit. She'll pee, realize she's peeing, get excited, want to immediately take the bowl to the bit "toe-let" and flush it. Then she repeats the cycle. It happens about once every 2 minutes for a good half hour, and then she's FINALLY done and ready to go play. I'm being patient, because this is all still so new, but it gets old quickly.

Last night after supper, I was trying to change Alex's diaper while Kairi sat on the potty. I was working as quickly as possible knowing that in mere seconds she would want me to empty the potty so she could flush it and repeat her cycle.

I didn't finish fast enough.
"Mommy! I did it! Fush it mommy! Put in toe-let and fush it!"
"Wait a minute while I finish changing this diaper."
"No! MOMMY NOW!"
At which point she picked up the potty bowl, and threw it -- AT MY HEAD.

Pee went everywhere. On me, on Alex, on the floor. EVERYWHERE.

I yelled. Chris yelled. She bawled. I knew that I was too angry to spank her, and I never want to spank while angry. I put her in the bathtub, scrubbed her down, and put her to bed. It wasn't quite 6pm, but I didn't care. She went to bed.


I know that she just threw it simply because it was the object that she wanted attention with, and she had no idea that pee would fly everywhere. She's two, she doesn't get that. But that knowledge made me no less angry.


For the record, Mommy went to bed with a migraine 3 hours later. That migraine has eased up, but is not gone. And yes, I blame Kairi.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry Steph! I hope that it NEVER happens again- I understand the frustration and anger though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you ain't been having the best time resently. You need to find that bit of good karma.
    Unfortunately I think I can garantee that there is worse to come, but keep in there only a few more years and you'll be wondering why did I do it, why did I have kids? Luckily for us though there is a glimmer of hope as occasionally they do thoses things that really make you smile and then you remember why. But it lasts momentarily as you catch the little sod writting on your new wallpaper or colouring the floor. Just think of it as a new challenge and breath deeply. There are only supposed to be 12 hours in a day so bedtime will come.
    Hope the potty training gets sorted soon.
    Take care.

    R from Blurty

    ReplyDelete
  3. R~ :D Well, good days happen, but they don't provide as much inspiration to write. But check out today's picture post -- proof that last night was good.

    On the upside, Kairi's doing fabulously today as far as potty training goes. She's not had a single accident and has been excited to be a big girl.

    And sometimes, knowing that bedtime will be here soon, is definitely what gets me through the day. Other days it's great, but some days it's definitely my salvation.

    ReplyDelete