Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So that straw I was talking about ...

While the rest of the family didn't feel it, I did Sunday night. Not going into details, but basically I spent all Sunday night and all day yesterday bawling. I'm feeling a little bit better about it right now. No one died or got sick -- just a situation that I'm not completely comfortable with occurred. Thankfully, as soon as I got home Sunday night, Chris recognized how upset I was, and he held me for 30 minutes while I cried and yelled and cried some more. His shirt was drenched in tears, and I looked like a raccoon by the time I was done. But I was so thankful that he was home to listen.



~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of him being home: The reasoning behind THIS POST, where I blogged about having to accept things no matter how hard they might be ... isn't going to happen! This I CAN now tell you about.
That morning Chris was at sea with the ship. He emailed me with the news that there was a chance that he would be deployed apart from the rest of the ship on July 20 for 383 days, including training time. He would be going to work at an Army base in Afghanistan. That scared the crap out of me. There were 3 ships that had to put up someone to go, then after those people were voluntold volunteered, someone higher up would select which of those three would go. Chris' ship already has lost 13 people this way, one of those from his division. Apparently, the higher ups agreed that Chris was needed on his ship because of this. So he's not going! HURRAY! HURRAY! HURRAY! I'm so thankful that he'll be home until the original deployment date. And thankful that original deployment is as short as it is.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about what ever had you so upset... but glad to hear your husband won't be going on that... I thought the post was something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And I figured that you would know what the other post was about.

    Next time we have a chance to chat on google or FB I'll tell you about the other things that had me upset that night. Thankfully, most of that is corrected. Although, I do want your input on something that happened that night and how to handle it.

    ReplyDelete