Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Second post of the day and it's not even 10am

I would just like to point out, that if you are trusting God to take care of your family, and you tell Him that you will trust and accept His will in your life, that you can't suddenly declare it to be Satan at work just because you don't like what looks like a strong possibility of happening.

A fairly common situation.....

You are a military family. You are putting your trust in God to take care of your family. Suddenly, you learn that your husband may be leaving 4 months earlier than expected, for twice as long as expected. You (and your family) can not suddenly declare that Satan is attacking you just because you don't see the reasoning behind him needing to be sent away. Your kids definitely need their daddy ... you definitely want your husband home ... but just because you don't see how this would benefit you in the long run doesn't mean that it's NOT in God's will. It's a time to trust Him.



Yeah, I'm preaching to certain family members here ... and myself some. So in a couple of months when I'm crying about how unfair the whole situation is ... if it gets to that point of course ... remind me that I promised that I would be trusting God. Obviously I'm going to cry because he's gone and I miss him -- that's only normal. And I'll cry because of all the things he and the kids will miss -- it's to be expected. I'll probably cry about not having a break as well. But I do NOT want to find myself crying because I'm angry at God for allowing it to happen.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8

5 comments:

  1. Wow, sometimes I need that reminder and my husband rarely even has business trips. Thank you, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I'm glad it touched you. And I loved your post. (I'll comment there soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS))) If he brings you to, he will lead you through it (I hope that I quoted that right, lol). You know I am here if you need to talk and that I have been there, done that enough! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) your awesome hang in there :-D

    ReplyDelete