Saturday, May 16, 2009

Prayers please

I won't describe the longness of last night. Let's just say it was a bad one. But to make it even "better", I got a call at 1:30am that I wanted to ask for you all to pray for.


My grandmother was taken to the ER last night when her blood pressure reached 219/92. She was also struggling with a few other things that have been diagnosed in the past, but have never been as bad as they were last night. They spent several hours there, and finally made it home right before I was called. She now has to find a doctor (as the dr the whole family has seen for over 20 years retired recently) and see about getting these things under control.

It's been a hard year for my grandparents, on all counts. I really don't think that our family can handle anything else going wrong. It seriously feels like one more straw and the camel carrying all of this is going to collapse.




Now I'm going to go try to prepare for a day with the kids and a night out with Chris. Thanks for thinking of us!

4 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Oh Steph I am so sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph I am so sorry! That can't handle one more thing is the worst (hardest) feeling in my opinion. Is a rough place to be in... Will def be praying for ya.

    Btw, we need some too... my cousins in the hospital too. He's gonna be ok (though might lose a leg) so its nowhere near what yall are dealing with, but he could still use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!

    And Kris, Definitely praying for your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I thought about posting on my blog... but my family is gripey about me putting up things... I got complaints just for mentioning my moms hospital trip last year.

    ReplyDelete