Sunday, June 28, 2009

Super Excited....

Have you ever been so excited about something that you just can't stop talking about it?

It's constantly on your mind. So you call people that you know to share about it with them. And when you get done talking to that person, you call another person. And then another. And then you call another person, just to realize that you've already called that person to tell them the exact thing that you're calling to talk about.

Have you ever been THAT excited?

You start dreaming about it. You wake up with ideas that correspond with it. You hold hour long conversations with people about it where you just continue to feed ideas and concepts to each other, constantly building up the excitement even more. You start searching for places for this excitement to start to spill out into your life around you. Through writing. Through communicating with other people. Through taking action and making positive steps towards reaching your new and exciting goals.

Have you ever been THAT excited?

So excited that anytime you sit down to blog, and yes you have tons of material to blog about besides this exciting thing in your life, that the only thing you can concentrate on long enough to write is this really exciting thing. So excited that you wear a big grin anytime you start to think about it. So excited that your kids and your family feels that excitement. So excited that even the excruciating pain you live with doesn't matter quite as much when you're able to talk about the thing that has you so excited.

Have you ever been THAT excited?



In case you haven't caught on yet, I am THAT excited. I am so excited that I can barely contain myself. I'm constantly writing about it. Mainly writing for myself, but writing nonetheless. And I've considered blogging about it. But honestly, I don't want to turn my blog into "The life and times of Steph's church and their journey to truly look like Christ". And that IS what has me excited. It's what has my blood pumping. It's what has me flush with excitement. The conversations that it has led to. The deep thought it's provoked. The bond it has created among the members of my church, my family (b/c they are the only family I have here), young and old alike.



But I'm hesitant to constantly blog about it -- for several reasons. One, this blog is about my family, our life, and my personal thoughts. It's not about the rest of the world.

And part of me feels like the story of my church as a whole is not my story to share. See, there are other people here leading their own lives. To blog about the amazing things they're doing seems like I'm invading on their privacy. And that I never want to do.

Third, I know that I have friends that may not share my beliefs. That doesn't mean that I'm backing off on what I believe... not at all. And I will continue to celebrate my faith. And I'll continue to use my blog to share my victories and struggles in my faith. Because that's part of me blogging about my personal thoughts and convictions. Part of blogging, for me, is self-discovery. As I blog through my feelings, I learn more about myself... and that includes blogging about my faith. But I don't want to shove my faith in your face every time you read either.

On top of all of that, I would never want someone to read my blog and see the varying posts and then think that because I used some not nice words in one post and then wrote about my church in another, that that means that I'm fake. I'm a Christian. But I struggle. My biggest struggle is probably my language. But I also fight bad attitudes among many other things. My purpose as a Christian is to be as honest as I can be while still loving the world around me -- no matter whether we agree on our spiritual/ethical/political beliefs or not. I can value you as a person no matter what you believe, and I want people to accept me no matter what I believe.




So I'm going to continue to talk about my church from time to time. And I'm going to continue to be super excited about the amazing things I see happening there. But I'm still making an effort to talk about other things. I'm going to make the effort to allow my excitement to spill over into other subjects.

Because I am excited. I'm so excited that it's hard for me to hold still. And I felt an overwhelming need tonight just to share that fact alone. I'M EXCITED!!!!!!! :D :D :D




So just bare with me over the next few weeks while I find the balance between talk about my kids, my church, and myself. :)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am glad you are so excited! Fill me in later on everything going on, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry! I will! :D You probably wouldn't be able to stop me from talking about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad its got you so excited! I wish I could say the same... isn't my Churches fault though, more my own. Anyways, I enjoy reading your posts no matter what sub they're on agree or not lol. I guess esp the ones we don't because it makes me think if that makes any sense.

    I kinda wish I felt comfortable enough to post on this sub on my main blog... But anytime something is even related to religion I second guess myself if I should say anything because I know I'll deal with the fallout from someone or another (usually my family, but if my inlaws read those latest ones they'd be worried and I'd have the phone ringing off the hook). And the ones I do post I second guess myself if I should have or not. And I hate feeling that way. Maybe that'll change when I get more excited again... I hope so. But yeah, is nice reading about someone who is. Gives hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could even put into words what all I'm excited about for you... I think you would be excited to. It goes back a lot to the Owning It post. I love how open our church is to owning the problems we have, and discussing them. Even though no solution was made last night, it was great to hear people admit that there maybe some changes that need to be made... both corporately and individually.

    I'm praying for your excitement. I want you to feel happy and excited and purposeful in your walk. :) Just so you know, it took from when we graduated until this last month for me to be this excited. I mean, I had up and down times... and plenty of ups. But I'm finally not just up, I'm excited and thrilled ... and it's not about something temporary. It's not a spiritual high. It's a "I am so blessed and happy and excited to be a part of a congregation that's willing to change, and therefore inspires me to as well" type of high. ;)

    And I love reading your posts ... no matter what they're on as well! And I love being able to talk about the things we don't agree on. I say talk, not debate, b/c I don't think that either of us have debated anything and I don't want to ... I like just sharing perspectives w/ you.

    Apparently I'm in a babbling mood b/c that's what I'm starting to do. So I'm going to stop babbling, and go hang up laundry now that I don't have "help". I really will be by to comment more later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL You know how random I am so it didn't seem like babbling at all...

    I don't look at it as debating either. I like debating, won't lie about that... but only in certain circumstances and conditions. It can help everyone learn and grow, but if you don't start out agreeing to disagree and have respect for the other person it can go bad fast. Not saying either isn't true w/ you lol... but I hesitate to do it w/ friends in general and am just really careful about it. Besides, the talks we have are just as interesting and can have the same outcome w/out most of the risks... but (lol) I hesitate to have them w/ some friends too because I have been jumped on before... Is always nice to have friends I know won't & know that I wont' either.

    Anyways, thanks... I'm about to post in a second so not going much past that right now lol. But thanks... I want to be that way too.

    I don't know if I've said this before, but I'm glad you found such a great church. I was really excited about mine when I first got here, but we had some major problems... mostly stemming off the fact that its basically all family. 99% of its been resolved... including having new priests who are great. But it hurt my husband pretty bad to see it all happen. Like I said, is over... is just annoying because there are so many good things about SG that I want to be what comes to mind... but instead we end up dwelling on so and so not coming back or this or that... or worse on my end the silly little things like the cry room that really don't matter lol. Oh well... Gonna go post before I start rambling too much more and end up w/ a post that makes no sense!

    ReplyDelete