Wednesday, July 1, 2009

GAH!

I have so much in my life to be thankful for. A great family. An amazing church. Supportive friends. A few extras that I am truly grateful for.

So why in the world must things be soooo tight all the freaking time?!? We were getting on our feet, acquired a second vehicle for just what we could afford, switched up internet/tv to save a couple extra bucks plus have better service, still had a little bit left over each month to treat each other to one nice thing.

Then summer hit.

My electric bill has doubled, and is on it's way to tripling.

My water bill has already tripled.

My phone rate was raised when I renewed my contract.

I had to see an optometrist yesterday. Cost me an extra $60 more than we had budgeted.

Pediatrician's office is changing payment policies, and soon the kids won't be able to see a dr unless I pay off the acct balance.

I need, desperately need, to see a dentist.



How in the world am I supposed to be able to handle all of this? This can't keep going. It just can't. The numbers don't add up, on paper, and especially not in my bank acct. So I'm looking for a job. Problem is, it has to not take away from my time w/ the kids, and not make my FM worse. I wish there was a Hastings here that I could work from like 7-11 at, and would be flexible with my husband's schedule. I'd be on my feet, but at least it was an enjoyable job (for the most part) and it'd keep me active. A little extra money, plus adult interaction. That would definitely work for me. My ideas so far have been Barnes and Noble and Jo-ann's. Any others?

Arg ... I just don't know. Wish me luck in finding something that works for me and my family.

1 comment: