Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Funny Kairi story at bottom + "Reasons why yesterday sucked, and today will be better:"

Yesterday sucked:

1) Lyrica made me hungry ALL day long. Really, this is an on-going battle, but it was especially bad yesterday.
2) Lyrica made my stomach hurt like crazy. So even if I did eat, it wasn't staying down.
3) Despite Joyce being an amazing RAK, I still got not nearly enough done cleaning my house.
4) My kids fought constantly.
5) My kids found in the trash a tube of mascara that I thought was dried up, and then proceeded to paint themselves, the walls, a few toys and my couch.
6) Kairi ate half a pack of gum. Still waiting to see what that looks like coming out......
7) Lyrica makes me want to cry over EVERYTHING. So I spent most of the day crying.
8) Hurt worse than normal.
9) Chris doesn't understand the concept of asking me to do something instead of telling me to. He swears he thought he was asking if I wanted to. I still don't see how there was a question anywhere in there.
10) The drive to Target takes 3 times longer than normal when you go at 5pm.
11) The manager of Sonic wasn't there tonight, so they were of course incredibly slow.
12) Fish didn't thaw out in time last night for supper. So I had to switch up the meal plan AGAIN and we had the most terrible pan-seared steaks that I've ever prepared.
13) Kids screamed while sitting on my feet almost the entire time I cooked. Chris alternated which child he was prying off my feet until he finally figured out to gate them into Kairi's room and then sit in there with them. Which didn't make the screaming stop, but at least they weren't on my feet.
14) Migraine started at approximately 6:15pm. I was in tears and vomiting by 7:45 (shortly after kids were in bed). Migraine meds didn't help. I got to sleep after 11:30 thanks to it and a phone call from my mom.
15) My mom called at 11pm. To tell me that my cousin had her baby boy. Which I did want to know. But not when I have a migraine and was almost asleep.

Ok, we'll stop the list there, even though it could keep going.


Reasons today will be better:
1) The house is almost clean. I will finish it today.
2) Diapers are already washed.
3) Laundry will all be clean.
4) I might have visitors tonight.
5) No one will interrupt my cleaning when he comes home from work to insist that he needs a drink from Sonic.
6) Kairi is really excited about panties -- maybe today will be another successful potty day!
7) I refuse to allow today to be as bad as yesterday. And that alone means that today will be better.





~~~~~~~~~~~
Book post still coming soon. It's quite the effort to create it from scratch. Especially when you keep thinking of all the books you used to have on your list, but you can't remember all the names.


~~~~~~~~~~~
Funny Kairi story:

Kairi's cuticles crack quite often. Usually because she spends hours digging in the backyard every day. It bothers her and I end up kiss those booboos multiple times a day. Yesterday she asked me what kind of a booboo it was. She's all about classifying things right now. I told her it was a crack. We had to work hard on how to pronounce it. It was hilarious the way she said it, and I almost told Chris about it, but I'm glad I didn't. If I had, I wouldn't be able to tell you this story about supper.

To set the scene, Chris and Kairi sit on the same side of the table. Kairi dominates Chris' attention through most of the dinner with her description of the day.


K: And Daddy! I have a CRAP!!!
C: (Looking bewildered, amused, angry and confused all at the same time) You have a WHAT?
K: A CRAP! See Daddy! On my finger -- it's a CRAP! Kiss my crap, pwease. It make my crap better.
C: Wait! What?!? Kiss your crap? Kairi! You don't say that word!
Me: (Laughing hysterically) A craCK Daddy. She has a craCK in her finger.
C: She has a what?
Me: A crack in her finger. Well, actually in her cuticle.
K: Yeah! See Daddy -- it's right there. A crap!
C: Kairi, say craCK. Cra-ckkkkkkkkkkkk.
K: Dat's what I said Daddy. A crap-k.
C: No Kairi, listen. CraCK. CraCK. CraCK.
K: Caa-wa-kkkkkkk. Crap-k.
C: (heavy sigh) Kairi, try again. CraCK.
K: (exasperated with her Daddy's obsession over something that she knows she has right)No Daddy. Just kiss my crap booboo and den I eat.
Me: (Still laughing) We've worked on it all day. You're not going to get it any better.
C: (Laughing, but still sort of horrified) I just keep imagining her announcing after church on Sunday in the middle of the chapel that she has a crap and the looks everyone is going to give us!
Me: More hysterical laughter
C: I'm serious Steph! If Joel or an elder hears her, you may never get to teach a class after all!
Me: (Laughing) No, Chris. It'll be fine. Besides, they'll blame you. You're the sailor.
C: (Finally willing to joke with me about this.) Oh yeah, that's comforting.
K: DADDY! You still haven't kissed my crap! I wanna eat! Kiss it!

2 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) I hope today goes better! Did you call the doc to find out if there is another medicine they can do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't called yet. I see him in less than a week so I was planning on talking to him about it then.

    ReplyDelete