Monday, June 15, 2009

I would just like to point out....

That while I tell all the stories of my kids misbehaving on here, and that while I am more than willing to post pictures of their misdeeds, and while I tell about their bad attitudes and how hard it is to hold onto my sanity with them sometimes...... that in truth, I have amazing kids and I know that I'm doing a pretty good job for the most part.


My proof:
1) Sunday at church Kairi entered Wee Worship for the first time instead of spending the service in the nursery. Words that were used to describe her afterwards:
Delightful
Attentive
Well-behaved
Follows directions

Yeah ... that's MY daughter! She was fabulous. I was told the same by more than one person and was told over and over and over again. :D I'm totally beaming w/ pride.

2) Today was a busy day. We had to take Alex to the doctor for a follow up on our er visit Saturday (a story for either later today or tomorrow....). Immediately afterwards I had to drop the kids off to be watched while I had a follow up w/ my rheumatologist. Again, the kids were great. I was told that they were the best behaved children she has ever watched and that she really wants to do more w/ all of us as a family. Next week we're going over there to take the kids swimming. She was amazed by their politeness. (Yes, both my kids say please and thank you. And Kairi's even starting to say yes ma'am instead of ok or yes.)



You know, sometimes you start to feel like you must be doing something wrong when by the end of nearly every day you're so thankful that they're in bed and asleep that you just can't stand the thought of them waking up for several hours. But when I hear things like this, I know that my kids may be into everything, but they're learning, and growing, and doing GREAT. :D

1 comment:

  1. I missed this post awhile back apparently. That is really great though! I understand the whole venting thing... can't speak for anyone else but I read those and know that's not every day and that they're good kids.

    Sometimes I feel like I'm either complaining on mine or bragging... is always polar opposites lol. But that's having a kid I guess... Good days & bad. And they make more interesting posts than the everyday normal stuff (if that exists).

    Anyways, Good job!

    ReplyDelete