Monday, March 2, 2009

28 more days and counting....

***I started this post yesterday, but my husband surprised me by coming home. It was an amazing surprise.***




I hate March. Absolutely abhor it. I know it seems ridiculous to detest a month that is nothing more than a man-created time frame to help record the events of life, but I do.

Let me explain. This year is just a classic example of what bothers me about March.

March 1st: Grandad Bigby is admitted to the hospital
March 2nd: Grandad Wall is admitted to the hopsital
March 3rd: Chris leaves town
March 4th: Would have been Tara's birthday
March 6th: Chris is home again
March 10th: Chris leaves again
March 19th: Follow up with Dr. Weiss to see if Kairi's grown any
March 20th: 3rd Anniversary of Tara's death / Chris is home again


March is always stressful. It always begins with bad news and it only continues throughout the month. Thankfully, April always seems amazing due to how bad March is, but I would rather just not experience March at all. So for this March I made a decision ... I am going to hide inside a book for every moment that I'm capable of doing so. It should be easier this way. And it's good for my kids to see me engaged and loving my books. But it also means that I may not be blogging as often. Maybe I can keep a running tab of all the books I've read this month. That'll encourage me to keep going.



For anyone curious, the link below is the story that explains what happened to Tara. She was one of my roommates in college. We shared a 4 bedroom apartment with 3 other girls. She wasn't the one I was closest to, but she WAS important to me. And I still miss her -- tremendously.
http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/032206/loc_032206038.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment