Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reflections on peace...

Grandad Bigby is at rest. He fought long and hard and finally had enough this morning at 4:30am. I already miss both of my grandfathers terribly, and will always regret that my children will never know them. But I also know that they are no longer in pain, no longer suffering, and that I will see them again. Peace has settled on my grandfathers.

But my grandads aren't the only ones relieved by their passing. Tonight when the phone rang, the entire house cringed, but because of memories, not out of fear. There will no longer be the constant fear that something terrible has happened. There won't be 11pm phone calls that insist on the family immediately going to the hospital. And if we want to turn off the ringer at 9pm and all go to bed, we can do that and not be afraid of an emergency. Peace has settled in our homes.

And peace will slowly settle in our hearts as well. I can't feel it yet, but I know that it will slowly move into my soul and help heal the pain. I know that it will come and help us to move on with our lives.


Thank all of you for your love and support. I'll try to post a fun picture post soon.

4 comments:

  1. I am really sorry Steph... but glad that yall do have, and will have, peace. I'm still praying for yall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, Steph. Peace will come. Enjoy the family time as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS))) I am glad they are no longer suffering! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. -2 Thes 3:16

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete