Sunday, March 29, 2009

I know that I should be posting all the cute and funny things my kids do. And I know that I owe a VERY long picture post from the pictures we took in East Texas in February. But I'm having a hard time doing any of that. Really, the only thing I have felt like writing about, I haven't felt like subjecting the few of you who do read my blog to reading about. So I've just not written. It's really hard to work through the death of someone that you loved and cared for very deeply. I have lost people that were close to me before. And I do remember grieving, but being able to move on in a reasonable amount of time. But when you lose two people only 10 days apart, it takes a lot out of you. Everytime I start to feel like I'm going to be ok, something happens that makes the grief for both of them fresh all over again. And the next thing I know, I'm in tears and I'm aching again. Again, I will heal and peace will come, but it's going to be a long road to get there.



Thankfully, an amazing friend came to distract me from the tears and ache today. :) Jammie came and brought her husband, Josh, as well as her children Jaycie and Jacobe. Jaycie is Kairi's age, and minus the "beautiful" haircut Josh gave Jaycie, the two girls look and act VERY similarly. We got the chance to chat last night and then they joined us for lunch today. Afterwards we took the kids to the park and watched them thoroughly enjoy themselves.

Kairi, of course, had mini-meltdowns at first with the equipment and swings, but by the end she was doing fabulously! She swang and ran up and down the play equipment, and rode the horse/snail/motorcycle. She had a blast!

Jammie, Kairi is still asking to see her Jaycie tomorrow. ;) Those girls are destined to be close friends. :)

4 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) I am glad you and Jammie had a good time! I look forward to pics when you get time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made me cry. I really wish I could do more for you. I'm glad I went to Midland. Josh told me he was glad I could go and be there for you. I can't believe how similiar our girls are. That's so sweet that Kairi's asking for Jaycie. Jaycie told Minerva all about Kairi last night. lol.

    Oh, and blog what's in your heart, Girl. I'm here for you, and I'm pretty sure your other readers are too. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry things are so rough right now. Don't worry about the cutesy posts and pictures... Everyone understands.

    Glad you got to see your friend and had a good time though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my thoughts are with you. hope you are getting better. have a wonderful easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete