Friday, February 6, 2009

The Brother Bully

My daughter is a bully.

Immediately after naps I hand out the afternoon snack. Today it was a fruit chew snack. Both kids love them, but never think it's enough. Alex has learned the trick of slowly eating them -- one at a time. But Kairi still devours her snacks.

Today Kairi had her food polished off within minutes. Alex was still savoring his food. Kairi looked around her, spotted Alex's snack, and walked up to him hand extended. "Mine, Fruffar. Give to me." And without blinking, he handed his snacks over!

He then immediately ran to me with tears streaming down his face and his hand extended in his special "I want" sign.

I of course retrieved his snack and she got in trouble for taking something that didn't belong to her. She tried to tell me that Brother should have shared with her, but I won the argument. She had already had hers; she couldn't have his too.

3 comments: