Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hilarious or Infuriating? Or Both?

I thought I'd give you an update on how homeschooling is going w/ the kids, but instead of giving details about how fast Alex is catching on to things, or how well Kairi is doing tracing, or how much fun they're both having, let me share a moment or two that happened today. Every single thing we learn has this same battle with the Girl, while the Boy is willing to agree that I know what I'm talking about every time.


We were reading Part One of the Flip-Flap Body Book which discusses food, digestion, teeth, etc. Kairi interrupted me to inform me:

"Mommy, food does NOT come out my bottom. Germs come outta there. Food goes down into my toes. I know cause I see my candy hearts from yesterday when I look at my toes. See? It's right DERE. Mommy, stop being wrong. I know dese things."


Later, when we were looking at capital and lowercase letters, she tried to convince me that b and d are the same letter. When I promised her that they're not, and tried to show how they go in different directions, she told me that she was smarter than me and knew that it was just an accident.


Lord help us when she's a teenager if this keeps up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no... Part of me is laughing because its cute in a way... but I'm sorry... i have a feeling I'm gonna be dealing w/ one of those soon. Kalila already argues w/ me so I see it coming...

    ReplyDelete