Saturday, December 27, 2008

The case of the missing diaper

I walked outside to check my mail moments ago. The mailbox is 2 houses down. It takes me less than 2 minutes to go get the mail and get back. I've done it several times.

As I walked out the door I told Chris I was leaving and to watch the kids. In order to get the door shut all the way you have to slam it. But even if it's not shut all the way, you have to pull really hard to get it open, and it's really loud. There's no way to get out the front door without the whole house hearing it.

As I get in front of the house, I see my kids standing there outside the front door. I yell ... "Kids! Get back inside." The 5 guys standing outside my neighbors house working on a car suddenly stop working to look at who I'm yelling about.

Kairi darts inside. But Alex instead leans over to pick something up off the ground. That's when I see it. My son (who has been wearing only a tshirt and diaper today) has no diaper on. None at all.

"ALEX! Where's your diaper?!?" I start running towards the house. Laughter erupts from my next door neighbor's front yard.

Alex turns to me, points to his naked private parts babbling and laughing.




Alex's diaper was found in Kairi's room. Chris got an earful while we got another one out, stuffed, and on Alex's butt. They were no where close to the street ... but that didn't make his mistake any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment