Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Great Sock War

From time to time I see a therapist. Named Fred. Usually I go running into his office when I am so overwhelmed and stressed out that I am on the edge of a nervous breakdown -- or at least am at the point where any one and any thing can make me cry.

This last month I've been crying so very much, that I finally decided that if my period was even 2 days late, I was going to go pee on a stick. In other words, take a pregnancy test -- even though I have had a tubal and the chances of being pregnant are TINY. Thankfully, it was just one day late and I didn't waste money on a test.

So it was time. I went to see Therapist Fred. He always talks me through it. I gripe about kids, husband, finances, family, dog, etc. He listens, and then either makes me laugh with a bad joke or reminds me that I'm not supermom and can't save the day for every single person every single time. Apparently it's not quite sinking in because he keeps having to remind me ... but maybe one day I'll remember that.

During my gripe session I griped about the socks. You know, the dirty ones that husband leaves the floor next to the desk. The ones I've griped about before. The ones that pile up and pile up and pile up -- with me half believing the dear husband when every day he tells me that he's going to put them in the hamper that night before bed but then never being surprised when he doesn't. They're gross and disgusting. And then I finally get tired of letting them pile up and gather them up, trying to not breathe in their toxic fumes, and dump them in the washer. Yup, this was definitely worth a therapy session. ;)




Today, Therapist Fred told me hide the dirty socks under the bed. Or I could stuff them in his pillow case. (Chris...are you reading this? Because if you are, Fred said that you aren't supposed to know that he told me to do this, and so you need to pretend you didn't read it. :P And while you're at it, pick up your socks. ;) )



(FTR, Therapist Fred is not the first person to suggest such things, but it makes me laugh when my THERAPIST tells me to do so.)

2 comments:

  1. LOL girl! I love that you blogged about that! Therapist Fred is a smart man! Therapist Joyce just says I told you so ;) Love you girl and hope you start feeling better soon! If you need to talk you can always call me! Or YIM, facebook, shiz, etc ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...

    But I'm sorry things have been rough lately. Glad you have someone to talk to though. That's gotta be a huge help.

    ReplyDelete